Thursday, July 9, 2015

Working to cure my disease to please

As a Delicious Living Consultant, I coach women like me on becoming more sensual, intentional, and unapologetic go-getters. I am committed to helping as many other women as possible blossom into the women they want to be by challenging them to get crystal clear on who they want to become, what legacy they want to leave, and what a delicious life would look like for them. By teaching women how to lead with their strengths, identify their non-negotiables, develop assertiveness, establish boundaries, get in touch with their inner vixen, and practice extreme self-care, I am putting women back in the driver’s seat of their lives. Once a woman gives herself permission to live the life she wants, she is able to enjoy more fulfilling relationships, a soul-satisfying career, earth-shattering orgasms (hey now!), and the serenity that comes with complete self-acceptance.

Freedom is my core value and the lens through which I view the world. I believe that freedom means being  immune to external pressures and detached from other people's standards, opinions, or expectations. It means investing in your own outcomes and choosing what’s important to you.To be truly free is to trust that the Universe is conspiring in your favor. It is inventing your own possibilities and not waiting for permission to be great.  Or having the courage to build your life around your dreams and make decisions from a place of power rather than fear. Freedom is recognizing that you owe it to yourself to make life fun. I got my first taste of freedom when I decided that self-preservation isn’t selfish, and that it’s okay to disappoint others as long as I am serving my highest self. I am responsible for teaching others how to treat me; every time someone violates me and I don’t address it, I communicate that my needs don’t matter.

 Dream, Leap, Live was born out of a need to free myself from the prison of “What others might think.” I was my first client, and I continue to coach myself around setting my own standards. My life is my message. I am doing the work of exploring my hopes, fears, expectations, and strong suits. I am getting honest about my flaws, limiting beliefs, and inconsistencies. I dig deep to identify and re-frame disempowering stories about why I am the way I am. I honor my commitments by recognizing my self-sabotage and stopping it at the door. I hold myself accountable by sharing my goals with people that care enough to remind me when I’m slacking. I put myself out there by asking people to read my blog (I’m sensitive about my shit, so it’s a big step for me to invite people into my brain!)

 I believe that every woman deserves a vibrant and delicious life that she doesn’t need to run away from. But if I want other women to drink the Kool-Aid, I have to take the first sip and show them that it’s safe. The journey to fierce, free, and fearless is demanding, but I think I’m up for the  challenge. You coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment